Contact

Nom

E-mail *

Message *

Alabama BBQ Chicken Sandwiches



If you are not sure that you love Alabama BBQ Sauce, you need to try it pronto. It is so creamy and delicious. I love that it has a bit of a tang, a bit of a kick and a touch of sweetness.

Speaking of sweetness, for the hamburger buns in this recipe, I decided to use King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. This was a last minute decision as I had actually never even tried any of King’s Hawaiian bread before. Ryan, on the other hand told how he just tried them at work and that they were really good. A little sweet, but good.

I decided to give it a go for these sandwiches the second time around. The first time I made these sandwiches, I used a kaiser roll. I thought it was OK but I actually thought it was a little dry so I was looking for something a little softer. I loved the softness and the sweetness that the King’s Hawaiian added. With that said, I think a regular old hamburger bun would work just as well.

Ingredients:
1 pound (about 2) boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 Kings Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
bread and butter pickle slices
3/4 cup, divided Alabama White BBQ Sauce


Instructions:
Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag, pour 1/4 cup of Alabama White BBQ Sauce over the top. Shake to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 6 - 8 hours or overnight.

Heat grill for indirect heat. Place 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce in a bowl next to the grill. Cook chicken for 7 minutes then baste with BBQ sauce. Turn chicken and baste with BBQ sauce again and cook for 5 - 7 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.

Shred chicken.

To assemble the sandwiches place chicken on bottom buns, drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce and top with 3 - 4 bread and butter pickles. Serve.

Note
Source recipes -Here-