Contact

Nom

E-mail *

Message *

Fruit Compote


I really wonder how many people still make compote, like our parents used to when we were kids? I do this all the time. Usually I stock my freezer up with berries during the summer when the berries are at the peak of their flavor and at a reasonable price, then throughout the next couple of months I make compote or fruit flavored drink with them. You can make compote with any kind of fruit, be it an apple, pear, plum or a berry. I’m sure we all know how to make it, but just in case you don’t, here it is.


Fruit Compote
  • 5 qts water
  • 3 cups sugar (or to taste)
  • 1 lbs berries (raspberry/blueberry/strawberry)
  • 4-5 medium sized apples, cored and cut into medium sized pieces
  • Boil the water in a big pot. Add the sugar and apples. Let the apples cook for about 3-4 minutes. Drop the berries and boil for another 30 seconds. Turn off. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate and serve over ice.
  • If the berries don’t have enough acidity in them, I add juice of 1/2 lemon, but usually I don’t need to do this.

Source Recipes : -Here-,